Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis respond to ‘false’ accusations from former nanny in joint statement
Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis have written a joint statement, saying they are prepared to discuss the accusations by former nanny Jessica Larese, who is due to tell in-depth details of the incident on Wednesday’s Jimmy Kimmel Live.
In a statement released on Tuesday, Wilde and Sudeikis said they had “no intention of interfering” with the interview with Larese’s attorney, but they wanted to clarify the details surrounding the allegations against Larese, and deny that the couple had not received any prior notification of the interview.
The actor and comedian, who have a history of controversial statements, said Larese’s accusations were “false” and that she was “untruthful”.
Wilde and Sudeikis said they had no idea Larese would “initiate an effort to damage” the star and their reputations.
“We have not heard her statement and we have no intention of interfering with her interview with her attorney, but we wanted to make sure that everyone knew we were not involved in the matter — and that we had not heard any of her allegations,” they said.
“We can confirm that we have not received any notification of an interview so we have not been made aware of Ms Larese’s allegations,” they added.
They also said that they were willing to comment further to the media when they had “had the opportunity to consider the allegations fully and carefully”.
On Monday, Larese, 33, accused Wolfe and Sudeikis of refusing to give her a proper birthday party and having sexual contact with her.
Larese said the nannies were only giving her two private birthday parties — one for her 21st birthday and one for her 30th, but refused to confirm if it was the same parties that had been taking place at the house of friends.
She said that she became so sick of the nannies’ behaviour that she wanted to speak out against them.